Originally from this previous blog post that inspired a number of different concoctions, the subject here was the 3rd on that list. Here I am revisiting that recipe for a little refinement. While the first version included fresh basil, that lacked any authority, and was overcome by the sharp cheddar cheese. Here I dispensed with the basil, and added a bulb of roasted garlic with sliced raw jalapeno instead. As a base pizza, I used a Red Baron Cheese pizza. The crust worked out alright for this effort.
The previous attempt rated 3 out of 5 stars, this attempt I was satisfied to call it 4 out of 5 stars. The addition of roasted garlic really makes for the occasional explosion of flavor that is memorable (especially if you love garlic). I hope you might agree!
The Farmer (redux, version 3.1)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 1/4 cup
- Shredded Bacon, 1/2 cup cooked and dried
- Jalapeno, 2 sliced thin
- 1/2 Onion, chopped course
- Bulb of Roasted Garlic cloves, peeled
- Take frozen pizza and prepare it for dressing
- Arrange all above ingredients on frozen pizza and place in oven
- Check near end of recommended cooking time on frozen pizza package
- When the crust looks done but not yet burnt, take out pizza and enjoy