I like simplicity when I eat. Yes I can get complicated when it comes to spices, but not when I am working with some of my base ingredients. Here is a simple way to start off any winning taco night.
- 1 LB ground turkey
- 2 or 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TSP ground garlic (or 3 cloves peeled and minced, preferred)
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP ground cumin
- Warm medium sauté pan with 1 TBSP olive oil, adding more as needed later
- Begin browning meat, then add garlic, then spices
- Brown meat to desired brownness or crispiness and serve
- That’s it! I said it was simple
Then serve in tacos, burritos, with chips or eggs. An epic fool-proof starting point!
Part of Tom’s Taco Ensemble
Enjoy! Thomas Gorman – April 2017