I like the pre-marinated flavour of cooked salsas often resulting from cooking forcing things to meld.
If this turns out too hot, you can always cool it down with sour cream or plain yogurt as I’ve found.
- 4 minced large jalapeno diced
- 8 chopped Roma tomatos
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper finely diced
- 4 minced garlic cloves minced
- 1 LG diced white onion diced
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1 TSP chili powder
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP ground cumin
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice, or orange juice (not from concentrate!)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Add TBSP olive oil to preheated skillet
- Add all ingredients above and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring as needed
- Cook another 10 – 15 minutes on reduced heat, adding olive oil as needed
- Once reaching desired consistency, turn off heat and let cool to room temperature
- Place in glass bowl once cool, cover and store in refrigerator overnight for best flavour
Then serve on tacos, burritos, with chips or eggs. An epic fool-proof topping.
Part of Tom’s Taco Ensemble
Enjoy! Thomas Gorman – April 2017