Just what it says: a Simple Slaw recipe you can throw together. It takes longer chilling in the fridge then it does to make it– builds the anticipation!
What you need to start with:
- 1 head red cabbage, peeled and cleaned
- 3 large carrots peeled and cleaned
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 6 cloves raw, peeled garlic
- Feed all into food processor to shred.
- Empty into large plastic bowl as needed to be able to keep shredding
- Stir together to disperse veggies and flavor.
To mixture, add
- 2-1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons celery salt
- Fresh ground pepper (3 or 4 turns of grinder)
- Whisk all together well to blend flavor
- Add more salt, pepper, or sweetener as desired
- Cover and store in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving for best flavor
- Serve chilled on a flat lettuce leaf and enjoy!