This is a recipe I learned from my grandmother, so simple that even a 10 year old can’t mess it up. Just 3 ingredients, and your favorite toasted bread or crackers is all you need to enjoy this simple meal.
- 2 bunches of fresh green onion
- 2 cans of tuna fish in water (about 5 .oz each in oil works too, but takes more work draining and tastes a little different) well drained
- 2 or 3 TBSP Mayonnaise (to taste)
- First, take and rinse green onion well, drain and slice finely and place in resealable container
- Second, open tuna fish in water (or oil,) and drain well over sink, then place over green onion in the resealable container
- Lastly, take 2 or 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise and dollop over mixture already in container
- Stir vigorously to mix, and let container sit in refrigerator for at least half an hour to chill
- Toast your bread of choice, or get out your favorite crackers to enjoy!
In a pinch, you can substitute sweet pickle relish (1-2 TBSP) for green onion, but this is a recipe I grew up with.